The Old Coach’s Ashton Washington and Tim Verghese were in house to cover Trench War HTX presented by Coach O, Lone Star Prospects and Gameplan U
- Mansfield Lake Ridge OL Caleb Rogers continues to impress in the camp circuit. Even when it wasn’t his turn, he was off to the side working on perfecting the little things. His drive and commitment at this level are impressive and show why he’s a D1 prospect.
- Aven Shelton (defender featured above) has had an impressive two weeks between The Opening and Trench War. Shelton finished in the Final Five at The Opening Regionals and was one of the most consistent edge rushers on Saturday. Shelton says his plan for the offseason is gain 10-15 pounds of muscle, lower his forty speed and get quicker out of his stance. With one season left to garner scouts’ attention, Shelton is doing all he can to play at the next level.
- 2021 DT Roderick Brown from Kimball was one of the most violent players at the camp. He’s already 6’1 265 with two years left of high school.
- 2020 West Orange Stark DL Quincy Ledet Jr showed a good versatility in his ability to shed blocks. The 2020 lineman can play inside and out and showed off that ability against guards and tackles alike.
- The one player who’s stock is expected to rise since the camp is Tyler Onyedim from Richmond Foster. Onyedim is only a sophomore and he stands at 6’3 250. His size and quick footedness stood out all day, don’t be surprised if he lands offers some time in the near future.
Interviews with Ashton